Tuesday, January 12, 2016

WELCOME 2016!!!!!! I AM BACK......

HELLO, HELLO, HELLO....

Gosh, I honestly do not know where to begin, but here I am and I am FINALLY ready to get back in the groove.....parchment groove, that is!!  As you can see, on the date of my 'last' post, it has been well over a year since I was here last and LOTS has happened, both medically and personally, but for now, we will stick to parching.....bottom line is, I found my mojo and am busy once again.  :) 

So, lets get down to business and see what I'm up to for the next few months.  First, I have begun designing a Zodiac Birth Sign Collection of 8"X8" wall hangings and I will be posting a new birth sign each month throughout this year.  They will be available for purchase, and download upon receipt of payment, in the blog store.  Now, every parcher will agree that creating anything for the males in our lives (from parchment paper) is 'almost' impossible, so although I tried not to be gender specific in this collection, it does have a definite rugged 'look' to it, soooooo, later on I will design another complete collection that is a bit more feminine so no one gets left out!!!!!!  Here is a sample of the first collection:

 Zodiac Birth Sign Collection

When one is not parching for an extended time it's very difficult to remember everything in the right order, in this craft, when writing instructions!!!!  I had hoped to have the Capricorn completed in time (in December) to have it posted and ready for purchase, but with the holidays I couldn't get everything in order, so it is ready NOW, if anyone wants to start their collection with this sign.  Otherwise, the next sign is Aquarius and it will be posted over this weekend (1/17) so watch for it!!

I have also had many requests for the pattern pack for my Crowning Glory design and it took me quite awhile to 'remember' how I had put all my scribbling to together, but it finally was completed and it will also be in the blog store very soon.  Here is that design, as a reminder:

Crowning Glory

Lastly, for this time.....I would like to thank one and all for your loyalty in continuing to 'check in' here to see if I was still around over the last 1 1/2 years and to all my fellow parchers for the support and kind words when I have had the courage to try and get something 'new' posted every once in awhile on FB.  It truly has meant a lot to me to know that there are lots of wonderful folks who enjoy my work watching for something new to pop up somewhere!!!!!  :)

Well, that's it for now.  There will be some challenges started too (like we used to have....sorry, but no prizes because the geographical coordination from sponsors is nearly impossible for us on this side of the pond) but we will continue to have fun with challenges simply for that......the fun in it!!!!

Happy New Year to everyone and

Happy Parching,
Vickie
 

8 comments:

  1. Just lovely to see you posting again.
    Hugs
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol.....it's great to be back and as long as the old body will cooperate I'll be here....lol

      Delete
  2. A fabulous design Vickie! So happy to see you back blogging again. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jerri!! There will be a paper order on it's way to you shortly. :)

      Delete
  3. Your work is so beautiful. I am such a newbie, but still practicing every night. I have become a "stockist" for the continental US in view of difficulty finding supplies here. I would love to see parchment craft become popular over here as it is in Great Britain and Europe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andrea,
    Thanks very much for the lovely compliment. Believe me, you are not alone in wishing we had access to all the parchment craft supplies/teachers/classes, etc. here in the US. Just don't give up on learning. It takes awhile when teaching yourself, but if you are determined, you will get there!! Best Wishes in your new journey and if ever I can be of assistance, please ask.
    Hugs,
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonne et heureuse année 2016 Vickie !
    Contente de vous retrouver vous et vos sublimes créations .
    Avec toute mon amitié .
    Mamisette

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you have found your mojo! Lovely to see your beautiful designs :-)
    Happy parching!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I hope you found something of interest and would like to leave a comment? I always love reading (and listening) to what my readers have to say!!