Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I'm Back....and I bring a challenge!!

Hello...hello...hello!!!!!  I know, I have been away far too long (had...and still have...a few new, serious health issues to deal with) and I promised at the beginning of 2012 there would be some new things to play with so although I'm a wee bit behind, I'll be writing again and sharing my journey through the wonderful world of parchment craft!!!

I had a lot of things "in the fire", so to speak, and they all need finishing up, so I can share them with all of you.  In the meantime, here is a little project to keep you busy :))  

Springtime Flowers Fan  


Today is the first day of Spring, so what better project than some spring flowers popping their little heads above ground!!  The inspiration for this fan came from bobbin lace, which I dearly love.  Below is a detailed view of my work.

Fan Detail  

CHALLENGE!!  WHO IS UP FOR A CHALLENGE?????   Awwwwww, come on now, I said up at the beginning that this would be a little something to keep you busy!!!!  lol

Springtime Flowers Fan Pattern
Okie dokie, here we go!!!  I LOVE CHALLENGES!!! :))  Everyone can see I chose white work as the technique for my fan.  My fan is also a full A4 size wall decoration.  The CHALLENGE is:  Download the FREE fan pattern and do whatever your heart desires from it.  When complete, either send a photo/scan back here, to me, OR some of you may find it easier to post to Facebook and I will download it from there and share it with all my wonderful blog followers right here in the Guest Gallery!!!  

Now, my challenges are not a competition so there is nothing to win.  It's simply a chance to take a break from 'other' things and take part in a self challenge using a pattern with absolutely no instructions!!!!!

Enjoy and have some fun....

Happy Parching,




12 comments:

  1. Hi Vickie
    I'm going to have a go at your challenge, it's a lovely design, I've not printed one of your patterns before, do I just click on the line drawing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mollie....Welcome aboard!! Yes, all you have to do is: left click on ANY image on my blog....then right click on the enlarged image and click "save image as" from the drop down menu. Download and save to your own pc and print out whatever size you would like. Best wishes to you in the challenge and I look forward to seeing how you decided to create your fan from the pattern!!!

      Delete
  2. Bonsoir Vickie,
    Magnifique eventail et merci pour le patron que je me suis enregistré et que j'essaierai dans quelques temps!
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annick....You are very welcome for the pattern and I look forward to seeing your interpretation of it!!! Best wishes, in the challenge, my friend.

      Delete
  3. Hi Vickie,
    Lovely to see you again.
    Really nice fan pattern, thank you,looking forward to seeing the results.
    I will be printing this one off.
    Take care of yourself,
    Love Suexx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue....Thanks, it's good to be back, although in a somewhat limited capacity!!! I hope to see what you do with the pattern. :)

      Delete
  4. MERCI Vickie pour ce superbe patron !
    je viens de l'imprimer et j'espère bien le réaliser .
    Bises .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maryse....You are very welcome for the pattern, my friend!! I hope to see how you create your project from it!! Best wishes in the challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this beautiful pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to see you back, And I hope you will soon be back to full health.

    Lovely fan and gorgeous pattern
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  8. Margaret....Thanks so much for your very kind comment and good wishes!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I hope you found something of interest and would like to leave a comment? I always love reading (and listening) to what my readers have to say!!