Monday, December 12, 2011

Starburst - Parchment Wall Decoration

Well now, I was thinking the other day that it's been awhile since I have offered up a parchment challenge here on the blog!!  Soooooo, having said that, let's see what we can do about it :))

This time I am going to share one of my own designs with you.....it's called "Starburst".  I will provide the pattern WITHOUT instructions and your task is to present your own interpretation of the pattern and when complete, please send me a photo/scan of your project!!  I always love to see all the different ways another person "sees" a pattern and how it can be made :))  With your permission, I will always happily share works from challenges (and other fun events) in the Guest Gallery, so don't be shy.....and don't think your work has to be perfect.....we're here to have fun and to challenge ourselves....and please, please, please, it is not a competition....there are no prizes!!!  So come on and join me and let's add your project to what I have made from my pattern.....

Anyone up for the challenge??


Starburst - Wall Decoration

Starburst Pattern        
**To print your pattern:  Right click on the pattern image and on the drop down menu, click on "save image to".  Click on "save" to wherever you want it to be saved on your computer.....or an external drive.  When you are ready to print, it can be reduced, or enlarged, to suit your project size.**

As you can see, I made my pattern into an A4 size wall decoration, however, in the challenge you can do whatever you like and any size you like!!  Use any techniques/tools/grids, etc. you like!!  You can combine other crafts (ie:  decoupage, embroidery, 3D, etc.) with your parchment.....step out of the box and see what you come up with!!  Most of all, challenge yourself and HAVE FUN!!!!  :))

Happy Parching,



14 comments:

  1. Hania....Thank you!! Holiday greetings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Vickie! I just printed it off. Will see what I can do...
    Love
    Dorita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dorita....Most welcome!! Happy holidays to you and yours!! Enjoy the challenge and I look forward to seeing the results :)) Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another stunning project here Vickie. I just love your gorgeous work, sooooo awesome.
    HAve a wonderful Christmas sweet friend and a Happy New year as well, and take good care of yourself okay?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maryann....Thanks so much!! I'm sending BIG HUGS to you and ALL your wonderful, awesome family and wishing every one a very happy and healthy holiday season....and the very best for 2012!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merci pour votre demande de défi alors lançons nous et très bonnes fêtes de fin d'année !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mady....I hope you will join in the fun and take part in the challenge!! Best wishes to you and your family for a Happy Holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vickie you have done it again. After the holidays I will give it a go.

    Hope you have a lovely holiday period and a good 2012.
    Love Suexx

    ReplyDelete
  9. SueJ....WHOOHOO, I'm so pleased you will join in the challenge AFTER the holidays!!!! I'll be looking forward to seeing what you come up with!!

    Happy Holidays to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pattern is beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mata 12....You are welcome!! Hope to see you visit again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vickie, piękny wzór.Ja spróbuję zrobić swoją pracę według twojego wzoru.Dziękuję

    ReplyDelete
  13. Eva....Some of your words would not translate to English, so I'm going to hope that you are taking part in the challenge? Happy New Year to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I hope you found something of interest and would like to leave a comment? I always love reading (and listening) to what my readers have to say!!