Sunday, June 5, 2011

Perga-Zen© - "Stars Forever" Parchment Wall Decoration

Oh my goodness, I didn't realize I have been away far too long!!  Sometimes 'life' really does force us to take a detour now and then and that's where I've been.....tending to some 'life matters'.  I haven't done much parching at all these past few weeks, but over this weekend I made the time to make this A4 wall decoration.  I think I really needed to put my mind back in a place that is wonderful therapy for me, even if only for a few hours.

Stars Forever - A4 Wall Decoration   
I really love working in black and white on parchment!!  Of course, I also love all the other techniques (including all of my own that I've created) but when your mind is going in many different directions, the simpleness and beauty of black and white is always just what the doctor ordered!!  

This piece is a full A4 sheet of parchment paper.  I used a .05 Black Micron pen for all of the black work and simply embossed the places on the design where I wanted a bit of "white pop" to balance things out a bit.  Then I did some perforating and cutting.....yes, it's on there but difficult to see because I used black card stock for the backing paper!!  All in all, a very relaxing project that allowed a wee bit of time spent in my parching world :))

Remember everyone.....any time you would like to experiment with any of the techniques I share here on my blog, just take a photo, or scan your project and send it to me in an email.  I'm always very happy to post it in the Guest Gallery to share with everyone.

Happy Parching,





4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Vickie, this is so gorgeous. You´ve just made another masterpiece again here. I really just love your work, and this is over the top gorgeous. Sorry to hear, that life has been working on you again sweetie, but I hope, it´s srettled again now then? I have been thinking about,it was a long time, I hadn´t seen you or heard you around, but admit life has been here as well the past weeks, so never got anyfurther myself.
    Have a wonderful day petal and take very good care of yourself okay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maryann....thanks so very much for your kind comment, my dear, sweet friend!! Yes, 'life' has taken a slight detour once again and I've had to slow things down and let this old polio body rest for awhile :))

    Big hugs to you and I hope all is well with you and your family. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Vickie! It's beautiful design, I like it very much. You are very creative person :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joanna....thanks very much for your very kind comment. I hope I will inspire others to try new and challenging things in parchment craft!! It's fun to step away from the totally traditional ways of the craft occasionally :))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I hope you found something of interest and would like to leave a comment? I always love reading (and listening) to what my readers have to say!!