Saturday, April 23, 2011

Teardrop Mandala - Parchment Wall Decoration

One week ago today, we experienced the worst outbreak of tornadoes in the history of North Carolina, USA!!  We had 28 deaths and so much damage it will be a very long time til all the people affected will recover. Two of the 26 tornadoes began only a short distance from where I live and I have to say, it's been a very long time since I was last frightened of anything weather related but I was that day!! Anyway, life has settled down a wee bit now and I have managed to get back to my beloved parching :)) 

I truly love making parchment mandalas, so thought I'd get myself back on track with things by finishing up this piece I had started a few weeks ago and I have just completed it so will share with all of you now :))

Teardrop Mandala
I always find I have a very strong sense of peacefulness when I make mandalas....and that's how it should be because they are geometric designs that represent the universe and they also represent our constant search to fulfill our own dreams.  Mandalas have different (but very real) meanings to different cultures but the foundation is very spiritual.

This project is a large wall decoration and is 8" X 10".  I would not recommend making this project any smaller because it would not withstand the perforating and cutting in the center and outside points without breaking apart.  

In closing this post, I would like to wish all of you, and your families, a very HAPPY EASTER holiday!!!

Happy Parching....


10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this is sooo gorgeous dear friend. You´re truely amazing to make these things, and I always dream about being this good some day too LOL, but I´m afraid, it´ll never be to more than the dream thoug ha ha ha. It is sooooooo beautiful and sooo perfect, just a stunning piece of art hun.
    Have a wonderful Easter holiday yourself as well sweet friend, and please take very good care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maryann,

    Thanks so very much for the kind comment, my friend xxx

    You never know, one day you may be parching again just a beautifully as you always did before!!

    Special Easter greetings to everyone in your BIG family and a special hug just for you :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Piece my friend....Once again!
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Martha.....thanks so much (once again!!) for your kind comment :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning Vickie! Oh my gosh, I can't believe the detail in this piece. I know it's a masterpiece in real life!!! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jerri....thanks bunches for the kind comment. I started this one before the horrific tornadoes that ripped through here last weekend and felt it was time to get it finished up!! Mandalas can be a very healing project to make so it needed to be finished :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonjour Vickie,
    Respect pour toutes les magnifiques créations que tu fais. J'adore ton style et je ne sais pas où tu trouves tout tes patrons mais c'est merveilleux. J'apprécie beaucoup de venir sur ton blog ainsi que de temps en temps sur Facebook.

    Félicitations, tu es une vraie artiste pour moi.

    Bisous
    Annick - Aux Doigts Agiles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Annick - "nimble fingers",

    Thank you so very, very much for your very kind comment. I'm always so pleased when you can stop by here and see what I'm doing!! I don't see you as much on Facebook and I hope all is well with you.

    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jolanta (u Alojka),

    Thank you very much for your kind comment. I just visited your blog and it is truly very, very beautiful. Your works are magnificent!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I hope you found something of interest and would like to leave a comment? I always love reading (and listening) to what my readers have to say!!